Rainy Day Treasure Hunt
This hunt is fun to do on a sunny day – but it’s absolutely brilliant for a rainy one! It will guide you from the beautiful arcades of Palais-Royal to the city’s 19th century glass-covered galleries, including the famous galerie Vivienne and passage des Panoramas.
You will learn about how the first restaurants and shopping malls were born, and discover how French architects incorporated hidden symbols and messages from ancient Greece and Rome into the Parisian buildings and monuments.
For a very rainy day, we have included a couple of mini scavenger hunts that you can do inside the galleries, the ancestors of shopping malls.
Each treasure hunt pack includes
– a booklet with the itinerary
– a custom-made treasure map
– an envelope with illustrated answers
– a number where you can reach us should you get lost
– our selection of family-friendly places near the last treasure
– our 100% satisfaction guarantee
Get both the paper and smartphone versions for 40€ if you have a large party or wish to hunt in teams. Discount applied at checkout.
Where and when: The hunt starts at the Galérie Véro-Dodat (Palais-Royal – Musée du Louvre metro station) and lasts about 1.5 – 2 hours. It includes extra scavenger hunts within two covered galleries: if it’s raining cats and dogs, you can skip a few treasures located outside and replace them with these mini-scavenger hunts.
Age group: This hunt is best suited for fun-seekers aged 8 and older, although younger kids will “get” a good number of the clues. This hunt is as stroller friendly as Paris can get (the hunt includes one flight of 10 steps).
Combine it with: Depending on how tired or curious you are, you can combine this hunt with:
- A visit to the Musée des Arts-Déco (it has a terrific toy section within the permanent collection)
- A visit to Musée Grévin (although we would not advise it if your kids are not familiar with French celebrities)
- A cup of hot chocolate in one of the cafés in either Passage Jouffroy or Galerie Vivienne (we show you the good ones in this hunt!)
- We would rather not: combine it with a visit to the Louvre, or you won’t feel your legs the following day!
|Dimensions||16 × 10 × 1 cm|
smartphone edition, paper edition